Country Corner Crafts HOME
Country Garden Stake
From the Garden Thyme Collection
Country Corner Crafts 2001
Help support our efforts to bring you even more Free patterns!
- Wood of your choice, ½” is recommended.
- Fast acting adhesive - hot glue gun, expoxy, etc. or white/yellow wood glue and clamps.
- Acrylic paints in your choice of country colors.
- Fine black paint pen or liner brush for details.
- Antiquing medium of your choice, if desired.
- Generous handful of raffia long enough to make a droopy bow.
- Strip of wood about 4' long, and about 2" wide for the stake. Cut one end into
- Trace patterns onto wood,cut out, and sand well.
- Paint all pieces in your choice of colors.
- Allow pieces to dry thoroughly.
- Sand along all edges very well, and also lightly along all other surfaces to achieve an aged appearance.
- Glue on bird and flower to sign board along guidelines.
- Use the fine black paint pen or liner brush for lettering and details.
Make sure the pen you are using is waterproof and will not smudge!
- Attach the completed sign to the garden stake you have made for it.
- Varnish entire project and allow sufficient drying time.
- Use the antiquing medium to enhance the rustic look, and add another coat of varnish to seal.
- Tie on the raffia bow and glue the heart in its center!
That's It! What a great way to welcome guests to your country garden!
See our Helpful Tips and Suggestions for further wood preparation and finishing
Country Corner Crafts 2000